I present you a cheesecake which is a real pleasure for the senses. Not only does the cheesecake itself contains raisins, cinnamon, grounded nutmeg and almonds, which makes it perfect for winter time but also it is coated with salty caramel and sprinkled with roasted pecan nuts. Do we need anything else?:) I invite you for the best winter cheesecake with ‘’salty caramel’’coating.
Technical issue: I have used round mould, 24cm in diameter
Winter cheesecake with caramel
- 1 tablespoon of potato flour
- 1⁄2 cups of cream 30 prcnt
- 2 pcs of egg
- 0.5 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 7 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 oz. of raisins
- 4 tablespoons of grounded almonds
- 3 1⁄3 oz. of butter
- 2 lbs of minced cottage cheese
- Blend, at medium speed, minced cottage cheese, soft butter, grounded almonds, eggs and icing sugar until getting smooth consistency.
- Add cinnamon, raisins, freshly grounded nutmeg and blend again.
- Add cream, blend and stir using spatula.
- Line the baking mould with baking paper and pour the mass into it. Bake the cheesecake in 180 degrees for one hor. After an hour, turn off the oven and open it slightly. Wait for 15 minutes and then take out the cake from the oven. It should cool down for at least 3 hours. Next, put it into the fridge to obtain suitable consistency. After 6 hours, coat it with cool caramel sauce. It is a good idea to prepare the cheesecake in the evening and put it into the fridge for the whole night.
- Pinch of himalayan, sea or typical salt
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1⁄4 cups of cream 30 prcnt
- 1⁄4 cups of sugar
- Put sugar onto the frying pan. It should cover the whole frying pan.
- Start heating it up. Don’t stir! Wait for sugar to melt
- When sugar turns brown, add water. In this moment the sugar may start to gush, so be careful. Using wooden spatula, stir until the lump melts completely. Add cream, stiring continuously, and cook for 4-5 minutes- it should obtain lightbrown color.
- Next, add butter and a pinch of salt. I used himalayan salt, but you can use also sea or typical salt. Caramel should obtain caramel color :) Pour it into a glass to cool down.
Original content of the recipe from 1837
Strain the whey from the curd of two quarts of milk; when rather dry, crumble it through a coarse sieve, mix it with six ounces of fresh butter, one ounce of powdered blanched almonds, orangeflower water, half a glass of raisin wine, a grated biscuit, four ounces of currants, nutmeg, and cannamon, in fine powder, and beat all the above with three eggs, and half a pint of cream, till quite light; fill the pattypans three parts full.Read more »
Cooking is my #1 passion. I love to collect cookbooks from different countries. Several times a year, together with my husband, we travel to discover new and unforgettable flavors. I can’t imagine my life without tasty and good quality food.