Spaghetti bolognese is a dish which, on the one hand, you can prepare quickly and on the other hand, will be so tasty that you will consider having a second helping. By adding a dash of red wine, garlic and a handful of fresh basil, the dish will become remarkably flavory. Italian reciepes are usually based on simplicity: a few ingredients , proper handling them and you can come up with a real wonder on a plate, difficult to resist.
This spaghetti bolognese reminds us of the one which we tried in Bologna, a few years ago. Trust me, it’s brillant:) From the following quantities you will have a dinner for 6 people
The best spaghetti bolognese
- Dash of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of tomato passata
- Oil for frying
- Pepper, salt, a hint of sugar
- 16 oz. of spaghetti pasta
- 2 oz. of red wine
- 1 pc of chili peppers
- 2 pcs of onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Handful of fresh basil
- 15 9⁄10 oz. of minced beef
- Peel garlic, chop chili peppers and onions into small pieces.
- Heat up oil, add onions and a pinch of sugar. Fry it for about 5 minutes. Add chili peppers and crush garlic cloves. Stir it well and braise it for a moment.
- Add meat, mix it with other ingredients and wait until it gets brown (around 4 minutes). Add red wine and wait for about 10 minutes. After that, add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and a handful of fresh basil. Braise it under a lid it for about 25 minutes, stiring from time to time.
- Cook pasta, drain it and add to the sauce. Stir it well and serve with a hint of parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Original content of the recipe from 1900
Heat oil and in it brown onion and garlic and meat, add tomato paste and cook for a further five minutes before adding pepper, salt, bay leaf, water and wine. Cover and allow to cook slowly for one hour, stirring from time to time ; remove bay leaf and cook a few minutes longer before serving with spaghetti.Read more »
Cooking is my #1 passion. I love to collect cookbooks from different countries. Several times a year, together with my husband, we travel to discover new and unforgettable flavors. I can’t imagine my life without tasty and good quality food.